Friday, November 25, 2005
I read a news article a few days back in Sunday Straight Times about a man marrying a transgender man.



Jessie: Give our marriage a chance.

Why can't society be more open and be less adapted the conservative ways? Don't always follow the "book". Think for yourself for once.

Jessie was born as a male, but he was a woman in a male's body. She went through so many challenges to face up to her parents, and spent so much money on a reconstructive surgery to become a woman. They had a grand wedding, and if I remember correctly, it costs them RM1,000,000. And if you've read the article, the Malaysian goverment refused to recognize their union. I'm very dissapointed at this but I can understand the Malaysian's goverment stand due to religious reasons as well as social factors [such as, people not accepting other kind of sexuality and so on].

My opinion? Recognize their marriage! I admire this couple a lot. They got ridiculed time and again, but their marriage was never jeopardized by this. I doubt they read this, but I wish them a very happy marriage and all the best in getting the community to "give their marriage and Jessie Chung a chance."

If I can find the article in the Sunday Straights Time, I'll scan it in. It's a good read... well, to me anyway. *winks*

Posted by Ridzwan Haron at 12:14 AM ( 0 comments )
Fruit-JuiceMAN.
biogaphy
  • male.
  • fifthTEEN.
  • likes photography.
  • enjoys web design.
  • gourmet.
  • fruit juices, especially apple.
FREAKS.

Archives!

TUTORIALS
RESIZING YOUR IMAGE CROPPING YOUR IMAGE ADDING/BYPASSING PASSWORD-PROTECT SCRIPTS

PERMALINKS/REMINDERS
Rewards Scheme

PUBLIC NOTES
COMING SOON.

TELEPHONY, LOLZ.

Resources
blogskins blogger lichtenstein BIG THANK YOU TO: OHMYZOD (BLOGSKINS)

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com