Thursday, November 24, 2005
Never in my life have I fried an egg or cook something extremely delicious. The only things that I can cook are porridge and our favourite household instant noodle brand, Maggi. Damn straight! I'm not afraid to say that I'm a lousy cook. Even in F&N classes the last two years, I swear I get lousy grades for the cooking part. No joke. Even the teacher-in-charge had this kind of disgusted look on the face.

This morning, no one was at home. Nope, nobody. I woke up late. After bathing, I made my way to the kitchen and looked for food. Get this straight people - I'm a glutton and I'm very picky about my food. No food in the kitchen, nothing whatsoever. Only biscuits but that won't last me long. And so, being the very innovative, creative and silly me, I tried to fry an egg. The first attempt was embarassing. And so was the second attempt. Apparently, I didn't crack the egg properly, and the yolk was running down on my fingers and hands. Yuck! The third was pretty good. No dripping of the yolks or anything, but the worst part came in sooner than I expected. I didn't pay attention to the cooking stuffs, and well, you can guess what happened next. The egg went "black". Moral of the story? Geeks (me) don't really work well with Mrs. Kitchen.

Still hungry, still hungry! What to do?! Never mind. I'll call up McD. Got myself a nice, scrumptuous hotcakes. A rather boring, bland piece of breakfast but it'll last me till my parents get back.

Now if you've noticed the title, I wrote "Tech Day". Roughly around 11pm, I went online. Every month on the 24th, I will use up at least 6-8 hours to do a complete maintainance on my computer. First thing first, remove all unused programs and cleared the trash bin. Next thing I did was to scan for virus and spywares as well as trojans. I found about 15 spywares and a trojan with AVG antivirus. Then I did the second round of scan, only difference is that I used an online scanner (Housecall Trendmicro). Found two other trojans in my sister's PC account and removed it. Usually, for normal PC users, they'll end here. But I wanted to do this in one go and not waste any more of my time on other days. I pulled out all the plug-and-play item and defragged the computer. Plugged them back in and started to update all the drivers - drawing tablet, scanner, printer, sound and graphics. Then updated some softwares (browsers). Then I slotted in the new RAM I had bought recently and threw away one of the faulty RAMs. Still the same amount of RAM since I've used up all 5 RAM slots already. Next, I took out the case fan, used a compressed air can to blow away the dusts collected near the blades.

Time management for maintainance:
Spyware/Virus checks (x2) - 1 hour
Defragmentation - 4 hours
Driver Updates - 1h 30 minutes
Hardware Checks - 2h 30 minutes
Software Updates/Removal - 10 minutes.

Total Time Taken: 9 hours 10 minutes

Now my computer's performance is fantastic! hahaahaha! I'm going off now. Kal is on maintainance. :( *sighs* I want to play that stupid game! I'm so close to leveling up already and now they had to close it for a server maintainance. *lets out a big sigh*

Posted by Ridzwan Haron at 10:57 PM ( 0 comments )
Fruit-JuiceMAN.
biogaphy
  • male.
  • fifthTEEN.
  • likes photography.
  • enjoys web design.
  • gourmet.
  • fruit juices, especially apple.
FREAKS.

Archives!

TUTORIALS
RESIZING YOUR IMAGE CROPPING YOUR IMAGE ADDING/BYPASSING PASSWORD-PROTECT SCRIPTS

PERMALINKS/REMINDERS
Rewards Scheme

PUBLIC NOTES
COMING SOON.

TELEPHONY, LOLZ.

Resources
blogskins blogger lichtenstein BIG THANK YOU TO: OHMYZOD (BLOGSKINS)

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com